PROJECT MANAGER - PLANNING, Berkeley or Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full-Time, Salaried Position | Location: Berkeley or Los Angeles, CA | Experience Level: 8-12 years | Open until filled
About Raimi + Associates
Raimi + Associates is a mission-driven planning, policy, urban design, and research firm with offices in Berkeley and Los Angeles, CA. We are advocates, collaborators, organizers, and pioneers committed to creating healthy and resilient places. We bring a multidisciplinary approach to planning, design, policy, and applied research. To address the complexity of communities, R+A integrates interrelated disciplines —land use and urban design, sustainability and green building, public health and equity, and community engagement —into planning and applied research efforts. Our work environment is fast-paced, casual, and fun.
About These Positions
We are looking for experienced Intermediate and Senior planners who can lead and grow our housing practice area, with a focus on helping communities provide safe, healthy, and affordable housing in great places to live and work. We seek colleagues who over time will develop housing best practices and influence broader housing policy.
These positions will prepare Housing Elements as part of focused or comprehensive general plan updates, consolidated plans, and housing-related updates to codes and development regulations. Candidates will be expected to take initiative, work independently, be excellent communicators and collaborators, and represent the firm professionally.
Roles and responsibilities will vary by experience level but will include:
• Analyzing housing needs, conditions, constraints, and trends
• Conducting housing site inventories and fair housing assessments
• Writing, research, and policy development for planning documents
• Developing and assisting with public engagement activities, including workshops, focus groups, and committees
• Working closely with local government staff, HCD, HUD, and CAHA
• Business development, including writing proposals and advanced marketing
• Master’s degree in planning, public policy, urban design, or other housing-related fields
• Intermediate Planner: Minimum of 3 years of relevant housing work experience. A portion of the experience must be work completed in California.
• Senior Planner: Minimum of 8+ years of relevant work experience, including managing a variety of housing-related projects. A significant portion of the experience must be work completed in California.
Salary and Benefits
Generous benefits package includes a competitive salary; fully paid medical, dental, and vision; vacation and sick days; retirement account and company-sponsored contributions; and time and resources for professional development.
People of color and candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. The position is open in either our Berkeley or Los Angeles office. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant work products (10 pages max and/or hyperlinks) to email@example.com. Please reference “Senior Housing Planner” or “Intermediate Housing Planner” in the subject line.
For more information about us: www.raimiassociates.com