Planning and Conservation League & PCL Foundation
Annual Environmental Legislative Symposium
Greening California's Landscapes
Saturday, January 30, 2010 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
4.5 MLCE Credit Available
2.25 AICP CM Credit Available
Since 1965, PCL and PCLF have been protecting the environment and quality of life for all Californians. We believe our environmental concerns can be addressed with creativity, ingenuity and most importantly action. By combining our individual and collective experiences and perspectives we can envision a greener landscape and unleash innovative remedies for some of our most critical problems.
In 2010, we will offer 15 sessions, including cutting edge policy discussions, MCLE courses, and "How To…" workshops that educate and empower groups and individuals to improve their effectiveness in the environmental movement. Our panels will focus on solution oriented discussions. Our MCLE courses will include some of the most relevant and up-to-date information about ocean desalination, land use planning in the Central Valley and protecting wildlife in an uncertain climate. We are offering Certification Maintenance (CM) credit for planners also.
Decision makers, planners, attorneys, business leaders and activists will walk away equipped with the tools needed to make important changes in their community and at the statewide level.
Session 1 (10:00 - 11:15)
• The Pros and Cons of Desalination (MCLE/CM)
• Planning for the Effects of Global Warming (CM)
• Transition Towns: Global Issues and Grassroots Solutions (CM)
• Delta: The Next Generation (CM)
Session 2 (1:30 - 2:45)
• Protecting Wildlife in an Uncertain Climate (MCLE/CM)
• Funding Watershed and Conservation Efforts in a New Era (CM)
• From Seedling to Spruce: Growing Green Jobs (CM)
Session 3 (3:00 – 4:15)
• Who is Minding the Grocery Store? A Dialogue About Central Valley Land Use (MCLE/CM)
• Strengthening Land and Sea Connections: New Strategies for Coastal and Marine Resource Protection (CM)
• Water Justice (CM)
Download the complete agenda.
Date: Saturday, January 30, 2010
Time: Symposium 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Cocktail Hour/No Host Bar 5:00 - 6:00 PM
Venue: Sacramento Convention Center in Downtown Sacramento
1400 J Street (between 13th and 14th)
Fees: Vary by selection
Register: Online or by phone by calling: 916-313-4517
For more information about the PCL & PCLF Symposium please call Amber Schmaeling at 916-313-4517 or email her at [email protected].